Brown Butter Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- Heavy cream, for serving
- Brown sugar, for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups The Grain Market Steel Cut Oats
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to Make It
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and melt the butter.
- Add the oats and sauté, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, until aromatic and lightly toasted.
- Add the water and salt and stir to combine, making sure all of the oats are submerged in the liquid.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing.
- Select the Pressure Cook setting and set the cooking time for 12 minutes at high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to Venting to release any remaining steam.
- Open the pot and stir the oatmeal to incorporate any extra liquid.
- Ladle the oatmeal into bowls and serve with brown sugar and cream.